Public Sector Enterprises (PSU) employees will gets 6.6% Industrial Dearness Allowance(IDA) hikes from 1st October 2013. This will hike dearness allowance to 85.5 percent from existing 78.9 percent, benefiting about 20 lakh PSU employees and pensioners. Industrial Dearness Allowance(IDA) rates are based on All India Consumer Price Index (IW) average for the specified months.
Based on the average of Consumer Price Index [Industrial Workers(IW)], IDA of PSU Employees is to be increased by 6.6% from 1st October 2013, where at present the Industrial Dearness Allowance(IDA) rate is 78.9% from 01.07.2013. With this IDA increase, the total IDA that has become payable from 01-10-2013 will be 85.5% ( 78.9% + 6.6 % ).